Expedition to Mount Shivling (6,543 metres high peak) is a pilgrim’s delight as the area reverberates with many things sacred and holy in Hinduism. The mountain’s name refers to its similarity with Shiva-Linga,a famous Hindu deity.
Because of its unique pyramid like conical shape, Mount Shivling has also earned the sobriquet of ‘India Matterhorn’ (A 4478 m Swiss peak in Alps). This similarity could have been starker if not for Shivling’s more than 2100 metres higher altitude! This visually very striking rock peak is a famed prize for mountaineers for the difficulty of the climb.
One of the most beautiful and enticing peaks of the Garhwal Himalaya Region in the state of Uttarakhand, the trek to Mount Shivling, a twin-summit mountain, passes through the precincts of Gangotri, one of the biggest glaciers in the Himalayas and Tapovan, a beautiful lush meadows, both being also popular pilgrimage sites in Hinduism.
DAY 01: ARRIVE DELHIWelcome to Delhi - a city where hospitality is a way of life; a city that greets all cultures and people from various walks of life with an open heart. You will be received at the airport in a traditional manner with garlands and proceed to Hotel for check in and overnight stay. Meal: No
DAY 02: DELHI - RISHIKESHMorning after breakfast visit Indian Mountaineering foundation for briefing and clear all the formalities. Later in the day drive (240 Kms) to Rishikesh. Upon arrival check-in the hotel for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 03: RISHIKESH - UTTARKASHIMorning after breakfast drive to reach Uttarkashi by covering approx. 175 km in 06 to 07 hrs. Arrive Uttarkashi and check-in to Camp for overnight stay Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 04: UTTARKASHI – GANGOTRI (3048M)Morning after breakfast proceed to Uttarkashi town to visit Local Administration for complete legal formalities for the Expedition. Later in the day drive to Gangotri (3048 m). On arrival check in at your hotel / Guest house. Later visit to Gangotri Temple and explore the surrounding area. Overnight stay in Hotel / Guest House. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 05: GANGOTRI – BHOJBASA (3792M)Morning after breakfast trek to Bhojbasa (3792M). From Bhojbasa you can have majestic view of Bhagirathi group of peaks. On arrival set-up camp for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 06: BHOJBASA - GAUMUKH (3892M) – TAPVAN/BASE CAMP (4400M)After breakfast proceed to Tapovan to establish base camp.Overnight in Tent. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 07-20: BASE CAMP– SUMMIT – BASE CAMPNext 14 days for Acclimatization, Establish higher camps and summit Mt. Shivling. Meals: All meals at base camp only
DAY 21: BASE CAMP – BHOJBASAMorning after breakfast trek to Bhojbasa. Overnight in Tents. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 22: BHOJBASA – GANGOTRI - UTTARKASHIThe last day of the trekking. Return to Gangotri. On arrival, drive to Uttarkashi. Arrive Uttarkashi and check-in at hotel for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 23: UTTARKASHI - RISHIKESHMorning after breakfast, drive back to Rishikesh. Upon arrival check-into Hotel for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 24: RISHIKESH - DELHI DEPARTUREMorning after breakfast drive back to Delhi as per you flight time transfer to IGI Airport to fly back home. Meals: Breakfast
- Accommodation on double room in the hotels in cities.
- Accommodation in Tents during the expedition.
- Services of Mountain Guide and porter for the expedition.
- Peek booking fee of IMF (Indian Mountaineering Foundation)
- All Transportation by tourist vehicle as per Itinerary
- National park fee & Expedition fee of state Govt. Uttarakhand
- Lesion officer fee, Accommodation, food & Transportation.
- All Meals as per Itinerary (Including high altitude fee)
- Camping fees to the forest department
- First aid kit with Oxygen Cylinder
- Climbing equipment i.e. Fix rope, Climbing rope, High altitude tent, Carabiner, Snow bar, Ice piton etc.
- Complete kitchen and camp equipment including camp staff till base camp. It is recommended that clients bring their own sleeping bags.
- Transportation of Members’ luggage maximum 40 Kgs per person up to Base Camp.
- Personal clothing and gears required ((Personal climbing equipment)
- Personal High altitude potter
- Any airfare (Domestic and International)
- Personal expenses such as table drinks, room’s services items, laundry, telephone calls at hotels or tip etc.
- Any additional expenses caused by or liability for a disturbance in the trip program due to or circumstances, weather conditions, sickness, natural disasters, riots etc.
- Liability for or insurance against injury, loss of life, accidents or loss of goods. Camera Fees.
- Any Cargo and Shipment Charges (Import and Customs Clearance) Personal Belongings such as Sleeping Bags, walking sticks etc.