Mt. Kang Yatse II
Mt. Kang Yatse II – is one of the highest trekking peaks in Ladakh region as well as in Indian Himalayas, although you don’t require special mountaineering skills, but you need to be an avid trekker and must be fully acclimatized for such climbs. These peaks give you a real opportunity to climb an above 6100m mountain in less than 2 weeks, which is not possible in any other part of the world.
DAY 01: ARRIVE DELHIArrive Delhi Airport Welcome to India- a country where hospitality is a way of life; to a culture steeped in tradition, a land where history lives in music and dance. You will be received at the airport in a traditional manner with garlands and & transfer to hotel for overnight stay in Delhi. Meals: No Meal
DAY 02: DELHI- LEH (3,524 M)Today early Morning, we will transfer you to the Delhi airport to board flight to Leh. Arrive Leh and check-in hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at Hotel in Leh Meals: Lunch + Dinner
DAY 03: LEHMorning after breakfast, we will take you to a hike for Shanti Stupa and Leh Palace. Rest of the day free for acclimatization and Shopping in Leh. Evening you can walk down to the nearest market on your own or spend some time at leisure. Overnight at hotel. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 04: LEH – CHILLING – SKIU (3400 M)After breakfast, drive to Chilling, Cross the Zanskar river to Skiu, it is located at the confluence of rivers Shgri Nala and Markha. Skui village is largely divided into two sections, upper and lower village. Upon arrival in Skiu set the campsite for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 05: SKIU – MARKHA (3700 M)Morning after breakfast we will start our trek to Markha. Walk in to the beautiful Markha valley, pass the bushes and small wood bridges along with Markha river. Markha is the largest village in the valley with around 20 households. Upon arrival set up the camp. We can also visit in an old monastery nearby in the evening. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 06: MARKHA – THACHUNGTSE (4010M)Today after breakfast trek to Thachungtse. We shall be crossing river and come across Hankar en route to Thochuntse. Hankar is the highest village in Markha Valley. If weather is good, we can see Mt. Kang Yaze today. Dinner and overnight stay in tent at Thachungtse. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 07: THACHUNGTSE – NIMALING (4900 M)After breakfast start your trek to Nimaling (4800m). We will be crossing a number of gentle slopes and a chain of glassy ridges. Nimaling a place with green pasture where during summers, you can spot thousands of sheep, goats, yaks grazing and prayer walls. Towards the south is Kang Yatse (Nimaling Peak) (6400m). Overnight stay in tents. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 08: NIMALING – BASE CAMPAfter breakfast start your short trek to Base Camp. Stablished the camp site. Evening go for height gaining for acclimatization. Return to Base Camp for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 09: BASE CAMP – SUMMIT KANG YETSE II - BASE CAMPVery early in the morning proceed to summit Mt Kang Yestse (6240 M). From the summit youwill have a beautiful view of Zanskar range and the distant Karakoram. Descend to Base Camp for overnight stay in camp. Meals: All meals including high altitude food
DAY 10: RESERVE DAYFOR SUMMITReserve day for summit in case of bad weather. Overnight stay in base camp. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 11: BASE CAMP – CHUSKIRMOToday we will trek back to Kangmaru La (5260m) via Nimaling. We will set the camp at Chuskirmo for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 12: CHUSKIRMO - CHAKDO – LEHMorning after breakfast trek down to Chakdo village and board in the waiting vehicles and drive to Leh. Upon arrival check in the hotel for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 13: LEH – DELHIMorning check out from hotel and transfer to airport to catch the flight to Delhi. Upon arrival check in the hotel. Overnight stay in hotel. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 14: DELHI DEPARTMorning after breakfast check out from hotel and transfer to IGI airport Delhi to fly back to home. Meal: Breakfast
- Booking of Mt. Kang Yatse II with relevant authorities and the booking fee
- Accommodation for (13) nights on Twin/Double share basis in hotels / Tents.
- Meals as per above program
- One Transcend Adventures Tour Escort/ Mountain guide
- 1 High altitude Climbing guide for the expedition
- Services of English-Speaking Local Guide for the sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- One-time entrances to the monuments as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in Transcend Adventures Trekking Tent during Approach March and at Base Camp on twin sharing.
- Transport will be using an air-conditioned vehicle in Delhi and in Leh transport will be by non-air-conditioned Jeep.
- Accommodation and all meals for trek guide, cook and helper along with their insurance for the tour/trek.
- Camping staff, kitchen staff and trek guide will bring their own personal clothing and equipments for the tour/ trek.
- Food during the entire expedition including Approach March and Advance Camps as per the programme.
- Dining and toilet tent during trek.
- First aid Kit with Oxygen cylinder
- All currently applicable taxes
- All current Government taxes are included in the above price, which are subject to change without any notice.
- International and Domestic airfare, visa fees, airport tax or any kind of insurance cover
- Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, camera fees etc
- Car at disposal or any sightseeing on leisure days unless specified above
- Early check in or a late checkout room (s) at any hotel (s) unless specified above
- Liability for change in itinerary due to reasons beyond our control like change in flight and train schedule; cancellation of flights/trains, political disturbances, natural phenomenon, etc
- Expenses of personal nature like personal gratuities, telephone charges, laundry, spa activities, drinks etc.
- Tips to driver, guide, hotel staff & representative.
- Any airfare – international or domestic
- Any porterage at hotel (for baggage on arrival and departure from the hotel).
- Camera/video camera fee at monuments
- Any other item not specifically mentioned above as 'INCLUDED'