Mt. Kedar Dome
Mt. Kedar Dome peak is a dome shaped mountain in Garhwal range of Himalayas in Uttarakhand India. The peak is 6831 meters above sea level and serves as a ski down peak if the weather is favorable. Kedar dome is relatively easy peak to climb, but would require past climbing experience and ability to survive in high altitude Himalayan weather. It is a magnificent marvel of nature and holds sentimental values to Hindus – as the peaks name itself is that of Lord Shiva.
Kedar Dome has the gentle North West flank that provides perhaps the easiest and most frequent climb in the Gangotri area.
DAY 1: ARRIVE DELHIMet upon arrival and transfer to hotel for overnight stay at Ashok Country Resort/IMF in Delhi. Meals: No
DAY 2: DELHI - RISHIKESHMorning visit I.M.F. for briefing and clear all the formalities. Later drive (240 Kms) to Rishikesh. Upon arrival check-in the hotel for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 3: RISHIKESH – UTTARKASHIMorning after breakfast drive to Uttarkashi (175 Kms). Afternoon arrive Uttarkashi and check in at hotel for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 4: UTTARKASHI – GANGOTRIMorning after breakfast drive (100 kms) to reach Gangotri (3048 M) by in 5-6 hrs. Upon arrival check-in at the in at the Guest House. Afternoon free to relax & get acclimatized. In the evening visit Gangotri Temple. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 5: GANGOTRI – BHOJBASAMorning after breakfast start first days trek to Bhojbasa (3800 mt.) following the river Bhagirathi on right bank by covering approx 14 kms in 4-5 hrs. Trek is full of fascinating Himalayan sights and you can have beautiful views of snow capped peaks around. Upon arrival at Bhojbasa, set up camp for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 6: BHOJBASA - GAUMUKH – TAPOVAN (4400 M)Morning after breakfast start trekking (5 Kms / 3 hrs) to reach Gaumukh the Source of Ganges'. The river Bhagirathi emerges from the Gangotri Glacier at Gaumukh. After spending some time at Gaumukh, continue trekking (4 kms /2hrs) to reach Tapovan (4400 mt). Overnight stay in camp. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 7: TAPOVAN - KIRTI GLACIER (BASE CAMP)Morning after breakfast start trek (9 Kms / 4-5 hrs) to reach Kirti Glacier base camp (4500mt). Arrive and set the base camp for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 08: TO DAY 19: BASE CAMP – MT. KEDAR DOME - KIRTI GLACIER CLIMBINGAttempt the Peak Mt. Kedar Dome and return to Base camp. Meals: We will provide all meals including high altitude food
DAY 20: KIRTI GLACIER – BHOJBASATrek to Bhojbasa. Arrive and set up camp for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 21: BHOJBASA – GANGOTRI - UTTARKASHMorning after breakfast start trek to Gangotri and drive to Uttarkashi. Check-in at hotel for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 22: UTTARKASHI – RISHIKESHMorning after breakfast drive back to Rishikesh. Upon arrival check-in the hotel for the overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 23: RISHIKESH – DELHIMorning after breakfast drive to Delhi and upon arrival check-in the hotel/IMF for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 24: DEPART DELHIMorning after breakfast visit to IMF for debriefing. Rest of the day free for independent activity. Later transfer to International airport to board flight for onward destination. Meal: Breakfast
- Accommodation on double room in the hotels in cities.
- Accommodation in Tents during till base camp.
- Peek booking fee of IMF (Indian Mountneering Foundation)
- National park fee & Expedition fee of state Govt. Uttarakhand
- Lesion officer fee, Accommodation, food & Transportation.
- All Meals as per Itinerary including high altitude food
- Camping fees to the forest department
- First aid kit with Oxygen Cylinder
- All Transportation by tourist vehicle as per Itinerary
- Transportation by tempo traveller or similar in Mountain areas as per the program.
- Services of a mountain guide and high porter during the expedition
- Complete kitchen and camp equipment including camp staff till base camp. It is recommended that clients bring their own sleeping bags.
- Climbing equipment i.e. Fix rope, Climbing rope, High altitude tent, Carabiner, Snow bar, Ice piton etc.
- Transportation of Members’ luggage maximum 40 Kgs per person up to Base Camp.
- Personal clothing and gears required (Climbing equipment)
- Any airfare (Domestic and International)
- Personal expenses such as table drinks, room’s services items, laundry, telephone calls at hotels or tip etc.
- Any additional expenses caused by or liability for a disturbance in the trip program due to or circumstances, weather conditions, sickness, natural disasters, riots etc.
- Liability for or insurance against injury, loss of life, accidents or loss of goods. Camera Fees.
- Any Cargo and Shipment Charges (Import and Customs Clearance) Personal Belongings such as Sleeping Bags, walking sticks etc.