Edmund Hilary said, “It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” Travel to India in the most reliable company of Adventure specialist Transcend Adventures to scale some of the most breathtaking mountain peaks of the Himalayas, 73 per cent of which lies in India!
Transcend Adventures brings you a once in a lifetime experience of conquering Mount Kun peak, and thereby the experience to conquer yourself. Located in Suru Valley in the rugged forbidden landscape of Zanskar, Mount Kun Expedition offers the opportunity to climbers to scale one of the highest peaks of J&K (7, 077 m), and higher than any other peaks in the world outside the great Himalayas!
The second highest peak in the Zanskar range, Mount Kun is part of the twin-summit mountain massif Nun-Kun. And before you embark on the expedition, Transcend Adventures takes you on a trail track centuries-old monasteries of Hemis, Thiksey and Shey and the experience of exploring the last Shangri La, Ladakh.
DAY 1: ARRIVE DELHIArrive Delhi Airport Welcome to India- a country where hospitality is a way of life; to a culture steeped in tradition, a land where history lives in music and dance. You will be received at the airport in a traditional manner with garlands and & overnight stay at Hotel. Meals: Dinner
DAY 2: DELHIProceed to IMF for clearance and briefing with Laision Officer. Meals: Breakfast
DAY 3: DELHI - LEH (3,524 M)Morning after an early breakfast, we will transfer you to the airport to board flight to Leh. Arrive Leh and check-in at Lingzi hotel for overnight stay. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at Hotel. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 4: LEH - INDUS VALLEYMorning after breakfast, we will take you to a guided tour of the Monasteries of the Indus Valley. Your excursion would include visits to, HEMIS (45 KMS. SOUTH OF LEH) Built on a green hillside surrounded by spectacular mountains, Hemis is the biggest and the most important monastery in Ladakh. It was built in the 17th century by Chapgon Gyalshas and ever since has enjoyed the patronage of the royal family. Hemis is the headquarter of the Drukpa order and all the monasteries throughout Ladakh are administered by it. This wealthiest monastery contains gold statues and stupas decorated with precious stones and many priceless old Thanks. THIKSEY (25 KMS SOUTH OF LEH) Thiksey, one of the most imposing monasteries belonging to the 15th century, stands on a crag overlooking the flood plain on the east bank of the Indus. The monastery belongs to Elugpa order (Yellow sect) and is a 12- Storey Monastery painted deep red, ochre and white with typical tapering walls. There is a 15m high Buddha figure at the entrance of the new temple. The layout of the monastery complex resembles the Potala palace in Lhasa. SHEY (15 KMS SOUTH OF LEH) On the East bank of the Indus river lies the beautiful Shey Monastery. Up to the 16th century it was the royal palace. There is a 17.5 m high blue haired Maitreya Buddha of copper, brass gilded and studded with precious gemstones. Return to your hotel by the later part of the afternoon. Evening you can walk down to the nearest market on your own or spend some time at leisure. Overnight at Hotel. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 5: LEH - KARGIL (2,676 M)After breakfast, 230kms drive to Kargil, Lunch Enroute. Witness once again to the barren mountain and wilderness, Overnight stay at Hotel. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 6: KARGIL - SHAFAT NALA (4,000 M)Morning after early breakbast drive to Shafat nala via Parkachik. On arrival, cross the Suru Valley and establish your camp at Shafat Nala. Overnight stay in tent. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 7: SHAFAT NALA - BASE CAMP (4,400 M)Morning after breakfast from Shafat Nala camp, we walk upto moraine camp and continue to base camp. This involves 5-7 hrs walking and crossing rough glacial terrain. Camp for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 8 TO DAY 21: BASE CAMP - KUN 7077M SUMMIT - BASE CAMPDay 08 to 21 for Mt. Kun (7, 077 M) Summit and descend down to Base camp. Meals: All Meals including high Altitude food
DAY 22: BASE CAMP - SHAFAT NALATrek Back to Shafat nala camp. Overnight stay at camp. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 23: SHAFAT NALA - KARGILDrive back to Kargil. Overnight stay at hotel. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 24: KARGIL - LEHDrive to Leh. Overnight stay at hotel. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 25: LEH - DELHIMorning check out from hotel and transfer to Leh Airport to catch the flight to Delhi. Arrival in Delhi transfer to IMF Delhi for (De-briefing) with IMF Director. Overnight stay in Hotel. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 26: DELHI - DEPARTMorning after a relaxed breakfast we will take you to International Airport for Departure. Meals: Breakfast Only
- Booking of Mt. Kun with relevant authorities and the booking fee
- Accommodation on Dbl/Twin Sharing Rooms in hotels/guest house and tents as per program
- Air fare from Delhi to Leh and Srinagar to Delhi.
- Transportation in Delhi by AC Tempo traveller / Innova and by Non-AC Jeeps in Mountain areas as per the program.
- Services of a mountain guide and high porter during the expedition.
- Liaison officer fees, accommodation, meals and transportation (Delhi to Delhi including airfare)
- All means including High altitute food (above Base Camp)
- Complete kitchen and camp equipment including camp staff.
- First aid kit with Oxygen Cylinder.
- Accommodation in Tents during Approach March to Base Camp and high camp.
- We will provide all Meals to Guests, All Staff and Liaison officer
- Transportation of Members luggage maximum 40 Kgs per person road heads to Base Camp & Base Camp to road head by Pony or porters.
- Climbing equipment i.e, Fix rope, Climbing rope, High altitude tent, Carabiner, Snow bar, Ice piton etc.
- One time monuments entry fees for sightseeing as per itinerary.
- All current taxes including Govt. service tax of 5%>
- Personal clothing and gears required for climbing (Personal Climbing equipment)
- Personal expenses such as table drinks, rooms services items, laundry, telephone calls at hotels or tips etc.
- Personal high altitude porter
- Any additional expenses caused by or liability for a disturbance in the trip program due to our circumstances, weather conditions, sickness, natural disasters, riots etc.
- Liability for or insurance against injury, loss of life, accidents or loss of goods.
- Any Cargo and Shipment Charges (Import and Customs Clearance)>
- Personal Belongings such as Sleeping Bags, walking sticks etc.