Mt. Satopanth, the second highest summit in the Gangotri Group, is located in the remote India Garhwal Himalaya Range in a disjoined side-group separating the Gangotri and Chaturangi Glaciers. This is an incredibly beautiful and remote area with unlimited and untapped mountaineering and big wall potential. Views of Thalay Sagar, Shivling and the terrifying granite pillars of Bhagirathi III, described as “El Cap with a Droites North Face on top at 6000M”, are enough to humble even the most seasoned climber. With every passing year Transcend Adventures is becoming an expert and reliable partner for Himalayan Mountaineers by catering not just logistic needs but also providing expert advices of our Expedition Guides who have themselves made it to the summit of several Himalayan Peaks and climbing assistance till the summit by our highly experienced High Altitude PORTERS & SHERPAS.
DAY 01: ARRIVE DELHIWelcome to India- a country where hospitality is a way of life; to a culture steeped in tradition, a land where history lives in music and dance. You will be received at the airport in a traditional manner with garlands and proceed to your hotel. Overnight at Delhi.
DAY 02: DELHI – RISHIKESHMorning visit I.M.F. for briefing and clear all the formalities. Later in the day drive to Rishikesh, Upon arrival check-in the hotel for overnight stay. Meal: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 03: RISHIKESH – UTTARKASHIMorning after breakfast drive to Uttarkashi (175 Kms). Afternoon arrive Uttarkashi and check in at hotel for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 04: UTTARKASHI – GANGOTRIMorning after breakfast completes all formalities for Expedition. Visit Forest Department, Nehru Institute of Mountaineering and Superintendent of Police Office. Later in the day drive (100 kms) to reach Gangotri (3048 M) by in 4-5 hrs. Upon arrival check-in at the in at the Guest House for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 05: GANGOTRI – BHOJBASAMorning after breakfast start first day’s trek to Bhojbasa (3800 mt.) following the river Bhagirathi on right bank by covering approx. 14 kms in 4-5 hrs. Trek is full of fascinating Himalayan sights and you can have beautiful views of snowcapped peaks around. Upon arrival at Bhojbasa, set up camp for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 06: BHOJBASA - GAUMUKH (3892M) - NANDANVAN (4340M)Today we gradually walk up to the Gaumukh – “The source of River Ganges” a beautiful walk with views of Mt. Shivling (6543 mt) and the Mt Bhagirathi (6856). Further proceed to little high towards to Nandanvan. Across the Gangotri glacier, cutting across the glacial moraine, you shall reach the spacious alpine meadow of Nandan Van, at the juncture of Chatrungi Glacier and Gangotri Glacier and the base of Baghirathi I (6856 Mts.), II (6512 Mts.) and III (6454 Mts.). You should also have views of Mt. Kedar Dome (6831 Mts.), Karcha Kund (6617 Mts.), Kedarnath (6940 Mts.) & Mt. Meru (6672 Mts.) across the Gangotri Glacier. Overnight in Tents. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 07: NANDANVAN - BASE CAMPMorning after breakfast start trek (10 kms / 4 -5 hrs) to reach Khara Pathar base camp (4500mt). Arrive and set the base camp for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 08 TO 23: BASE CAMP – SUMMIT – BASE CAMPNext 16 for acclimatization, Establish Higher camp and Attempt the Peak Satopanth and return to Base camp. Meals: All Meals including High altitude food
DAY 24: BASE CAMP – BHOJBASATrek to Bhojbasa. Arrive and set up camp for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 25: BHOJBASA - GANGOTRI – UTTARKASHIMorning after breakfast trak down to Gangotri and drive to Uttarkashi. Check-in at hotel for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 26: UTTARKASHI – RISHIKESHMorning after breakfast drive back to Rishikesh. Upon arrival check-in the hotel for the overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 27: RISHIKESH – DELHIMorning after breakfast drive to Delhi and upon arrival check-in the hotel for overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
DAY 28: DEPART DELHIMorning after breakfast visit to IMF for debriefing. Rest of the day free for independent activity. Later transfer to International airport to board flight for onward destination. Meal: Breakfast
- Booking of Mt. Satopanth with relevant authority IMF (Indian Mountaineering Foundation) and the booking fee
- Liaison officer fees, Accommodation, Meals and Transportation (Delhi to Delhi)
- Accommodation on Dbl / Twin Sharing Rooms in hotels/ guest house and campsite as per program
- All meals as per above-mentioned program
- National park fee & Expedition fee of state Govt. Uttarakhand
- First aid kit with Oxygen Cylinder
- Accommodation in Tents during Approach March and at Base Camp i.e. Single tent for each person.
- Transportation by tempo traveller/ Innova in Delhi and Non AC Jeeps in mountains as per program.
- Services of Experienced High Altitude Guide and porter during the expedition
- Services of Cook, Helper and porters till base camp
- Climbing equipment i.e. Fix rope, Climbing rope, High altitude tent, Carabiner, Snow bar, Ice piton etc. All currently applicable taxes
- Transportation for luggage Delhi to Base Camp & Base Camp to Delhi.
- Complete kitchen and camp equipment including camp staff till base camp
- We will provide all Meals till base camp to Guest, All Staff & Liaison officer
- Services of Porters/Pony for transportation of Members luggage maximum 40 Kgs per person up to Base Camp and back.
- Personal clothing and gears required (Climbing equipment)
- Personal High Altitude porter
- Any Airfare
- Personal expenses such as table drinks, room’s services items, laundry, telephone calls at hotels or tip etc.
- Any additional expenses caused by or liability for a disturbance in the trip program due to or circumstances, weather conditions, sickness, natural disasters, riots etc.
- Liability for or insurance against injury, loss of life, accidents or loss of goods.
- Any Cargo and Shipment Charges (Import and Customs Clearance)
- Personal Belongings such as Sleeping Bags, walking sticks etc.